Hundertwasser art T1

Task Description: I learnt about a famous artist named  Friedensreich Hundertwasser who comes from a place called Austria. He has done art work in many places around the world including New Zealand. One special place is the toilets in Kawakawa (my family is from the Bay of Islands). The toilets are famous and I can see them every time my family and I drive through Kawakawa town. Whangarei also has a museum that I have been passed before. I didn’t know who made it so i liked learning about Hundertwasser today. I enjoyed making my own picture inspired by Hundertwasser. I used raindrops, lollipop trees, no straight lines and onion domes. I also used gel pens, crayons, pencils and pastels to make my art piece.

2 thoughts on “Hundertwasser art T1

1. Kia ora Eziaz,

It’s Simon here from the Summer Learning Journey team. Great job on completing another Summer Learning Journey task. Tino pai!

Thanks for sharing this information on Friedensreich Hundertwasser and some of his work in New Zealand. It’s so cool that you have seen his work before in New Zealand! I want to check it out one day.

You’ve done a fantastic job with creating your Hundertwasser artwork! You must have done some good research about how he created his art, because you’ve managed to connect nature and humans in your art. I like how there are colourful trees growing on top of buildings, just like a Hundertwasser piece. Ka pai!

Do you visit the Bay of Islands often? I bet you will be noticing the toilet in Kawakawa more now after completing this activity? I think I have only been to the Bay of Islands once before! I need to visit again. Do you have any favourite places in the Bay of Islands that I should check out?

I can’t wait to see what you post next.

Ngā mihi,
    Simon (SLJ)

1. Thank you Simon. I really liked doing this task because i like doing art and we have been staying inside alot during these holidays so doing art has been fun. My family is from the bay of islands so we go there all the time to visit. my favourite places to go up there are Haruru falls and whangarei falls. Also I like the Paihia beaches and Oakura beach to because i have family who have a bach there. You can catch a ferry from a place close to Pahia that can take you to russell and then you can find heaps of other beautiful beaches.